I realize it’s been a while since I’ve shown you a recent photo of our kitchen remodel. I took this picture earlier today. There are a couple of tiles in the pic – those are some we are considering for the backsplash.
Another big accomplishment in our kitchen remodel – we have attached the huge cabinet door we ordered from IKEA to the pantry and it’s absolutely a perfect match to the cabinets we purchased locally. I feel so excited to have found the match! Plus, we have attached the butcher block countertops now and they are really nice. Yesterday, we purchased a few tiles at Lowes to see which we liked the best for the backsplash. I’m just really thinking about things and taking my time with them now that the kitchen is back to being functional and no longer an eyesore!! Honestly, remodeling our kitchen has been such a tremendous undertaking, but such a rewarding experience.
Here’s a rundown of what’s left to do:
- Paint the Exterior door on the interior side.
- Install a Security door.
- Caulk all trim.
- Install Wood Blinds on the exterior door to match the window.
- Locate and/or make window treatments for two windows.
- Finish trimming out microwave cubby.
- Install vapor barrier above the dishwasher.
- Install new flooring for the kitchen/laundry room areas.
- Install baseboards.
- Install quarter round.
- Install backsplash.
- Build out last pantry shelf to be even with the door.
- Add a magnetic closure to the pantry door.
- Trim out open cabinetry.
- The fun part….accessorize!!
Whew – I think that’s all that’s left to do in there. The floor will most likely wait until next year, but I think everything else can be done before then. As long as everything is presentable by the holidays, I’m perfectly fine with it. I’m just happy it’s coming together so nicely and that it’s truly somewhere I enjoy cooking now.